Today I finished the Philadelphia Marathon, proud at “toughing it out” and running the whole time – though slower than expected and with way more diabetes challenges than necessary. In the last 14 years of my life with type 1 diabetes, and as a runner/triathlete, I have learned that “winging it” with diabetes usually doesn’t [...]
Articles written by Certified Diabetes Educators with practical tips for managing your diabetes.
We break down medical guidelines and recommendations so they are easy to understand and implement in your own life!
- Research Corner: Thinking Outside the Pillbox-Medication Adherence: Medication Adherence Needs to be a Health Care Priority
- Research Corner: Why is it often difficult to begin insulin once it has been prescribed by a doctor?
- Research Corner: The role of yoga in the management of type 2 diabetes
- Research Corner: Pre-diabetes and Insulin Resistance are Linked to Muscle Mass
- Research Corner: Nuts in the Diabetes Meal Plan – A Healthy Alternative
- Martin J Abrahamson, MD. Joslin Chief Medical Officer
- Amanda Sheldon: Director of Public Relations and Social Communication Medtronic, Inc.| Diabetes
- Diabetes Talk: Cherise Shockley, Founder of Diabetes Social Media Advocacy and Co-Host of DSMA Live
- Diabetes Talk: Dr. David Katz
- Diabetes Talk: Mike Boyle, Managing Editor and Webmaster of diabetescare.net
- Diabetes Technology: Friend or Foe?
- A Day in the Life of Diabetes
- What NOT to Say to a Kid with Diabetes.
- Am I the diabetes police?
- My Love/Hate Relationship with Diabetes
It’s National Diabetes Month. The theme this year is A Day in the Life of Diabetes. I spoke with Jami Klein, Certified Diabetes Educator to find out how diabetes impacts her and her family on a daily basis. A typical day for Jami—a Mom, wife, Certified Diabetes Educator and person with type 1 diabetes [...]
What NOT to Say to Kids with Diabetes……. It may be easier to start with what TO say to kids living with diabetes. It’s tough to be a kid at times, throw diabetes in the mix and it can be even more complicated. Try these ideas for starters: “I’m here for you.” It’s really nice [...]
I diabetes policed my dad. I have the luxury of having world class Certified Diabetes Educators at my fingertips. I work with them every day, as the project manager for Fit4D, to help people living with diabetes. This is my personal story; handling my emotions with a loved one, my father* who has type 2 diabetes. While [...]
By Jami Klein, RN, BSN, CDE Fit4D Clinical Manager I love and hate my diabetes. It’s who I am (the person I’m meant to be) but there are days when it really bugs me! Here the top 8 reasons I love and hate my diabetes. I’d love to hear about your love/hate relationship with [...]